Our schedule is pretty loose this month, she’s old enough, and we could use the diaper money for Christmas – it’s time to potty train.
I read up on some tips from baby center and here’s my plan:
- No wearing diapers in the house except for sleeping time. I’ll have to start exaggerating how nice her underwear is so she’ll try not to soil them.
- Get dolly some underwear and a makeshift potty. The Ally has not failed me with the bib and the toothbrush- clearly, she’s influential.
- Singing a song with her whenever she sits on the potty. We’ll have to invent one on the spot.
- Flushing her stuff whenever we’re done. Good to get her in the habit now than let her think it magically disappears don’t you think?
- Washing hands and drying them with her own hand towel. Time to adjust the sink area to her size.
- A sticker reward for each successful shoot or maybe a tattoo.
Little Libra enjoys rituals so hopefully this one is fun enough for her. Any other ideas that have worked for you?
Mentally psyching myself up for getting peed on… Wish me luck!